Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thanks Be To God!

So much has happened in the last few months! Sorry to have fallen off on my blogging duties!

The biggest news is on April 25, 2016 we received our referral! To actually be connected with this child that we have been praying for the last year and a half made my heart want to burst! We are so humbled by God's goodness!


We had our Second Annual Golf Tournament on May 13th! It was a huge success with a total of 18 teams! We are so grateful for each player, sponsor and volunteer willing to take the day to support us in bringing home our son!

We started the process to have our I800 approved on June 1st.  Every day I stalk the postal worker and run to the mailbox praying to find our approval letter in there! But we are still waiting on that! Maybe today is the day!

We are getting so close to our goal of being fully funded! I have had it on my heart since we started this process to sell my one earthly treasure, my wedding rings to bring home our son.  On May 27th I posted that I was selling my ring.  Stacie, my sister-in-law, shared the post to her page and mentioned we were selling the rings to help bring our son home! I was hoping to get an offer on the ring but we received so much more! An outpouring of love and support from people we didn't even know, friends and family were all moved by my sacrifice.  Honestly I knew I was doing what God called me to and my son was far more valuable than the diamonds that were sitting on my finger.  I wanted to know that I had giving all I had to bring our son home.  I did what any momma would do if their child was half way around the world.  Since then the public has "bought" the rings to in turn give back to us. We even had the chance to share our story this morning with His Radio 106.4! I pray others will be encouraged that if God is calling them to adopt don't let concern of finances stop them, God will provide! Now we have this beautiful family heirloom, not because of the diamonds but because of the story behind it.  I pray our children and future generations will never forget the story and what life is really about. The symbol of our marriage is not in the ring it's in the way we live for Christ.

Every day I am humbled at the feet of Jesus because He is such a good Father! Whatever He is calling you to, just go....The blessing far outweighs any excuse of why you shouldn't or can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment