Monday, January 26, 2015

A Mother's Love

Many years before starting this journey I always felt like having a biological child and an adoptive child would be so different.  Then when the Lord put it in our hearts to go and bring home our son from Africa, He changed my heart.  He made me remember when I first was pregnant with Maria I didn't know her personality, the way her eyes would sparkle when she smiled, or how my heart would melt when she called me mommy but I loved her from that moment.  The same is true with our son, I don't know what he looks like, how it will be when I get to finally hold him in my arms, or how his laughter will fill a room but I love him already.  Our children may have been sent by God to us in different ways but my love for them is the same.  I wait in anticipation to meet our son.


No comments:

Post a Comment